Friday, October 21, 2011

REFLECTION ON CHAPTER 3

I have learned a ton of interesting and valuable information in Chapter 3! I learned the eight entrepreneurial trends. The eight entrepreneurial trends include, internet business, home based, strategic alliance, social responsible non-profit business, corporate ventures, services, outsourcing and focus on technology. They all differ from each other in how they are made, how they are run, where they are run, and many other ways; but together they make up the business world and they all have their own effect on the society they are in. I learned the difference between a franchisee and a franchisor. The franchisee is the buyer of the franchise, while the franchisor is the seller of a franchise. They have many similarities and difference which I learned thanks to the vin diagram. I also learned about trade magazines, trade shows and specialty magazines which are all huge parts of the business world! They are magazines based on the business world that let you know what is going on and can keep you updated. I learned that demographics are personal characteristics that describe a community. The main point I really learned is this chapter is all about the “franchise”. I never knew any of this information before taking this class. A franchise is a legal agreement to begin a new business in the name of a recognized company. It’s a quick way to start your own business without all of the other obstacles you have to deal with, when starting a business from scratch. The only down fall is that you aren’t your own boss because your just taking ownership of a store but you still have a higher power to answer too. Over all, this was one of my favorite lessons yet and I thoroughly enjoyed learning more about the business world!  

No comments:

Post a Comment